Ciao Italia!

On Saturday, the 31st, we arrived back in Venice. We went to our hotel, dropped our stuff off then headed to the main part of Venice. We walked around for a while and actually found a kebab place!!! Of course we ended up getting kebabs for dinner!! Call me crazy but I LOVE them!! We walked around for a while then decided to call it a night.


The next morning my dad left around 7am but my flight was a lot later so I didn't leave until about 11. I hoped on the "metro" boat and headed to Piazza Roma. Apparently I was supposed to go tell the worker on the boat that I needed a ticket, but in every other metro/train I've been on, they go around asking for tickets and then you can pay for tickets then. Well I didn't know that and no one ever asked for a ticket so I didn't pay the 6.50euro for the ride...oh well!! After I got off the boat, I got on a bus that took me to the airport. This ticket I did pay for, it only cost 2euro.

As I got to the airport, I had to wait in an extremely slow line at British Airways to drop off my bag. I thought the point of doing early online check-in was to have a shorter wait at the airport, oh well! There was a very nice Italian couple in front of me, so naturally we started chatting. They were coming to New York, Massachusetts, Maine, DC and hopefully the Outer Banks for two weeks! They were pretty ambitious, they were renting a car and going to drive everywhere!! I told them some places to go see and some tips about discounts in different places. I even invited them to come to Philly and I would show them around, even though I didn't know anything about Philly really. :) We ended up switching information and they said we could all get together next summer when I come back to Venice! They were very friendly and they made the wait in the line go by super fast!!

I had a connection in Heathrow but for literally 5 minutes! But once I boarded my plane to Philadelphia I saw that I had economy plus seats!! It's basically business class! I was in HEAVEN!!! I could recline, I had a foot rest, lots of leg room and more food/drinks that I knew what to do with!! The flight went by pretty fast.

I finally made it to Philadelphia and was DEAD tired but I had to be awake super early the next morning for med school orientation!! Overall, I had a good time being back in Europe again for the week I was there. I really am looking forward to going back to Europe next summer!! I miss it so much!! Everything reminds me of Europe, especially Spain...I guess I'll have to go back!!! :)

1 Response to "Ciao Italia!"

  1. Ma'ila Tamblyn says:
    August 15, 2010 at 8:08 AM

    (I may have to come with you next time.)
    yes.

Post a Comment