Last day in Barcelona!!

On Tuesday, July 13th, I decided to get out and see more of Barcelona. On July 11th, I had decided to buy a ticket home for the 14th. I had a ton of stuff to get done before starting classes at Temple Medical School and there was no way I could get it all done from overseas, so I decided to come home for a week. You see, before I was accepted to Temple Medical School, I had planned on traveling extensively around the world until the end of December. Because I was going to be gone for so long my dad thought it would be fun to go on a cruise during that time. We found a cruise through the Adriatic sea for July 24th-31st. That was perfect because I would've been gone for a month and it would've been nice to see a familiar face. Well now that I got into Temple and have decided to come home, I find myself going right back to Europe for the cruise, only to come right back to the States and starting Medical School Orientation the day after I get back. No big deal though. :)


My last day in Barcelona, I went to places like
Olympic Park, Montjuic and Guell Park (Gaudi Park). It was cool walking around Barcelona and seeing different parts that I had neglected the whole week I was there. Gaudi park was really cool and had lots to see. The Olympic park was pretty nice as well, there was a Rugby camp practicing there as well.

After a day of walking around and getting some souvenirs, I went to the beach for one last time. I bought a doner kebab, in honor of Juliana, and then just sat at the beach. I headed back to the hotel early that night so I could wake up in time for my flight the next morning.

Wednesday morning I woke up early and headed back to the States. I got questioned over and over again at the airport because of the different flights I had. The itinerary I was starting had me going to Richmond, VA then ending in Venice, Italy. They didn't like that. I tried explaining to them my situation and they finally understood...sort of... and let me get my boarding passes.

The flight was VERY long to Newark, NJ. Then I found out my flight was delayed by at least 2 hours to Richmond. That was alright because I had a lot of phone calls to catch up on! Once I got to Richmond, my mom decided we should go out to eat. Granted it was only about 8pm but I was seriously jet lagged. To me it was 2am!! At dinner I about passed out from how tired I was. We finally made it home and I crashed around 9:30pm.

Overall, I loved my time in Barcelona and my time in Europe. There is nothing I would change about my trip. I loved the frustrations, the happiness, the stressful times, the people I met, everything!!! I loved how we traveled and where we traveled to! I would do it again in a heartbeat!

1 Response to "Last day in Barcelona!!"

  1. G Sauce says:
    July 21, 2010 at 8:39 AM

    Loved reading about it!

Post a Comment