Machu Picchu!


After a long day of touring Cusco and another long day of touring the Sacred Valley,we all hopped on a train to Aguas Calientes, which is where Machu Picchu is located. We went to bed probably around midnight and woke up at 3am. We woke up at 3am so we could walk down to the bus stop. Yes, we just went to the bus stop and waited until 5:30am for the first bus up to Machu Picchu. We woke up that early so we would guarantee one of 400 daily spots to hike up to WaynaPicchu which is the big tall Mountain that is the most recognizable structure of Macchu Picchu. We started a guided tour of Machu Picchu at 6:30am and ended around 9am. Afterwards me, my dad, my sister, Joann, Sean and our new friend Holly all started the steep hike up to the top of WaynaPichu. It was a steep hike and different in some parts but it was well worth it. The view and serenity from the top was like nothing else I have ever experienced. It took us an hour and 10 minutes to get up there. We relaxed once we reached the top and then hiked down in about an hour. The entire day was filled with breathtaking views! Tonight we are all heading back to Cusco where we will part our ways tomorrow. My cousin Joann and her boyfriend Sean are returning to Lima and will be leaving for New York on Saturday. My family and I will be taking a long busride from Cusco to Puno, where Lake Titicaca is located. We will spend all of Saturday there and return to Lima on Sunday afternoon. We come back to the states on Tuesday, June 8th and then drive back to Virginia on the 9th!! I will be visiting the Health Department on June 10th to get anymore vaccinations I need before my travels on June 21st!! I will update again when I can to finish my Peru adventures!!!

1 Response to "Machu Picchu!"

  1. Naomi says:
    June 4, 2010 at 7:20 AM

    I am sooooo jealous, Machu Picchu is on my to do list!

Post a Comment